Monday, February 27, 2012

Birthdays

Much birthday-ing in February!
Mine:
I decided that since it was my 24th birthday (yeah, don't argue.  Don't even question.  I'm 24 . . . . ) . . . . since it was my 24th birthday, I would treat myself to my very own store-bought bakery cake.  I have a twin brother.  We always shared a cake.  Then I baked my own birthday cake.  And since I am now 24, have been fighting a cold for a month, have been working crazy weird and toying with an Etsy shop (details soon!  OMG Excitement!), I would treat myself to my very own store-bought cake.  A raspberry torte.  With a not-buttercream icing (I forget the icing!) and roses.  My very own roses.  I will admit, it was very, very hard to pay $32 for a cake.  For me.  And I almost changed my mind.  But I'm only 24 once, right?!  (wink-wink!)


A few of my favorite gifts:


My best friend gave me a new tea kettle but that will be another day :-)
And my big teenager also celebrated a birthday.  15!  (Again, don't do the math.  Don't question. Don't argue.  He is 15 and I am 24. . .)
He requested chocolate.  Anything chocolate.



He raked in the cash, scored some good gift cards and enjoyed a case of Mountain Dew.  I'd say not bad for a birthday!!!
Happy-ness is feeling forever 24!  Celebrating birthdays with loved ones.  Really living your days and making every day a celebration with loved ones.  Finding love in each day . . . .
Enjoy this moment of your day.  Enjoy the warmth and sunshine.  Surround yourself with your friends and loved ones and laugh today!

No comments:

Post a Comment